Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Terrific Cookie Gifts!



Thanks to Sylvia at OrthodoxMom I was able to give my mailman and "trash guys" a little gift this year.... and many more to come :) Though it wasn't until I was posting this that I realized I didn't take a picture of the absolute final product as I finished so late last night I forgot!!

So I made Caramel Nut Balls, Peanut Butter Blossoms, Haystacks, and Oreo Truffles. I got tins, a pack of tissue paper, and ribbon from Dollar Tree for $1 each (total $6 plus tax). I baked the cookies, lined the tins with golden & cream tissue paper, put in 3-5 of each cookie, wrapped the edges of the tissue paper over the top, put on the tops, took two pieces of ribbon, criss-crossed them, and secured them on the bottom with hot glue since I couldn't find the tape anywhere! Then I made a little note card telling them of our appreciation, listed allergens for each cookie, and tucked it under the ribbon. I placed the mailman's in the mailbox and set up a little table with a note attached for the trash guys near our trash can by the side of the road.

Now I'll quit boring you with words and get to the pictures - which are not top quality - I need to start having Tamara take the pictures with her new, wonderful camera!






No comments:

Post a Comment