Monday, December 20, 2010

Experiencing the Myrrh-streaming icon of St. Anna



I'm just now getting back in the habit of taking pictures so please forgive me for not having them all! Saturday we went to a friends house whom is not Orthodox and made St. Nicholas miter ornaments! They were so cute :) She was also introduced to stnicholascenter {.} org - which although is not Orthodox, is something she seemed interested in enough that she might take a peak-see a little further. All we can do is pray!

Anyway, she babysat the children while I went to a (homesteading/ preparedness)luncheon. While I was away she and the children made the ornaments. I decided at the last minute to let her keep them - it just felt right, even though my intentions were for them to be hung on our tree here at home.

We stayed there until Terry met us there when he got off work. Then we headed to the Church to see the icon of St. Anna streaming myrrh! What an experience that was. It smelled heavenly and was simply amazing to witness. My cousin asked me about it after Terry mentioned it to him. Please pray this particular cousin becomes interested and seeks the true Church! He is an upstanding Christian man, a published author (www.slaveofchrist.com), and is certainly after bringing up his family in Christ. If he were to convert, more family would pay attention and take a credible look at the Orthodox Church. As it is one cousin is Greek Orthodox and I am Russian Orthodox. But we are looked at as "free-spirits" and those that like to "push the limits of mainstream ideas" *sigh* All I can do is pray and live the way I am supposed to while allowing God to use me or not in their lives. Have faith, have faith, have faith ...

No comments:

Post a Comment