Monday, December 13, 2010

The prodigal blogger returns

Ha, ha, ha, I know :)

Let me give a brief run down of my time since May. Lot of pain, tests, lots more pain, tests, even more pain, tests, all fruit diet as it hurt the least, suggestion from my father leads to otc medication, leads to diagnosis from dr that I have an ulcer... a bad one. Start healing, start the home school year, start the college semester, start getting in good routine and my father lands in hospital, emergency surgery, discharged, back in 2 days later, more emergency surgeries, stays in the hospital for a month, discharged, back in a week later with acute renal failure, cousin's wife diagnosed with cervical cancer, best friend from childhood's father dies on Thanksgiving, finals week, all while dealing with some children issues including a child who just plain refuses to do her work but blames everything and everyone else on why she can't complete a few school assignments yet can clean house, or read, or craft all day long, oh, and a son that joined the Air Force.... ooops forgot husband who had to take another job that takes him out of town most of the week which basically leaves me as a single mother most of the time - but it's ok, cause it's what we have to do in order to make ends meet for the time being - the dealership says it will be able to start hiring back people it let go and soon after that give back everything to those still working there that they had to reduce (reductions were in pay, sick leave, benefits, etc, without reduction in hours - if anything more hours) - so no more than a year before back to "normal," prayerfully much, much, much less.

Soooooo, in a very small nutshell, that is why I haven't posted. I barely had time to sneeze much less post!

I feel so sad, because the majority of my garden died while I was stuck inside in excruciating pain for a couple of months. Of course, no body tried to take care of it while I was down for the count. We did get some tomatoes, quite a few bell peppers, some small watermelons, a few okra, a couple of squashes, a lots of kale (which would have been awesome if it hadn't been for the larva that were all over them... and being in so much pain, I couldn't deal with trying to figure out what they were and do something about them). That's it. Nothing else. Not even enough to can a few cans. That really upset me, too, during everything else that was going on. All I can say is, I can prepare for planting indoors here real soon. Prayerfully, next season will be better.

So anyway, that is what is and can't be changed. Now it's the Nativity Fast and Advent season. I've allowed everything to come piling up on me at once which has led to the depression I fight to rear it's ugly head. So, dear husband took me to the herbal shop so I could get some herbs I've been needing lately. While there he non-chalantly asked me if I needed some St. John's Wort :) Man I love him. He knew it helps me and that I needed it. So I'm starting back on that. Through prayer and this I expect to get control of this monster fairly soon. I am hopeful in that respect.

Now what I'm facing is getting us back on track spiritually. I have not done one single thing toward Advent this year (being old calendar I'm not as far behind as all that). So I really need to sit down and figure out how to get back on track. Just because I'm not "up to it" doesn't mean the children need to suffer. Because of figuring out what has worked in the past, I have given myself today off... no school work, no chores, no anything until time to make dinner here in a little while and take DD12 to Horse Quiz Bowl practice in less than 2 hours. So I will start planning and then start putting into action tomorrow. This means that the first half of the Advent "home services" will be done on weekdays until we are all "caught up" and back on track the last few Sundays.

Pray for me if you are so inclined. Not just for the depression but for some issues and struggles going on between my husband and I. I am praying that the issues simply stem from long hours and days apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment