Friday, April 9, 2010

Seedlings!

Christ is Risen!

I'm so excited about my seedlings. I've been so far behind on getting seeds planted when I really need to be ready to put all the seedlings in the ground in a couple of weeks after the cold snap. But I shall not lament ... I will simply go get more seeds that I need and plant them either tonight when we get home, or in the morning.

Currently I have watermelon, spinach, tomato, and bell pepper seedlings! The watermelon and tomatoes have really sprouted, the bell peppers are barely starting to peek through the dirt while one spinach sprouted with the watermelons and another has popped up and I just saw two more starting to peek. I have so much to get out there. I've also gotta get another two beds ready to plant in! One is the herb garden (echinacea, stevia, basil, oregano, chives, chamomile, lemon balm, etc). The other is just another veggie garden. Our little 10x10 square just isn't big enough anymore. I wanna grow a ton of lettuce/spinach because that is what we go through the most - at a head or more a day and I want the garden to keep up with us.
I also want to get the window farm up and running soon *sigh*

So much to do and so little time to do it in. Man I feel like a slacker.

No comments:

Post a Comment