Saturday, April 10, 2010

Arising Early

Christ is Risen!

This morning was my first morning for arising early. Due to it being weekend status and the children have in the past been allowed to stay up a little later than normal to watch a couple of things on TV (everything else they watch is recorded so that we have control over when they watch TV - ie during a rainy day, they are so sick they can do nothing more than lay around, etc - otherwise the TV is off). Anyway, they kept me up for awhile last night. They weren't being loud or anything, I was just aware of them being up, could hear things, and so forth. I did go to bed somewhere around 9:45 as well. I figured I could get up at 6am ... I tried, realized I had been cold a good portion of the night and got an extra cover, reset the alarm for 45 min later, and was able to get up at the first snooze - just suddenly my eyes popped open and I was ready to go. guess I just needed a little time under some warm covers lol.

I'm going to be gentle with myself concerning arising early. I know the things going on in my life, I know the obstacles I need to figure things out around, I know my health, and I know that unless the Lord so directs me that I am to go about things slowly as to make them habits! Otherwise I burn out no matter my good intentions.

So anyway, I arose, reverenced the Lord, put in my contacts, brushed my teeth, put on my socks, went and checked on the children, gave a load of clothing to my maiden, the washing machine, put away a load of dishes and gave another load to my maiden, the dishwasher. Then I sliced cantaloupe ~ oh the sweet juicy goodness ~ for breakfast. Oh how the children will be so excited to see this! They adore cantaloupe :) I have it set out on the table ready to eat as they tumble out of bed and make their way to me and the kitchen.

My DD11 will be so excited to see all of the seeds! Last year my dear husband started throwing compost directly into the garden (couldn't believe he didn't know better) ... but one of the things he threw in was some cantaloupe rind and seeds. Honestly because they were store bought I didn't think they would sprout - but they did ~ alllll over the garden!! It was comical and thankfully didn't choke any of the other plants out. So I'm looking forward to sprouting some with her especially since she doesn't like watermelon.

I'm off to fold and put away the mountain of laundry my DS9 learned to wash and dry!

No comments:

Post a Comment